Trevor Hamilton and Associates International Management Consultants has worked with a team of experts to produce a Jamaican-International hybrid solution called Purposeful Alignment to be driven by Information Technology and a major database to:
- Make every student purposefully aligned to the most comparable school, learning environment, teacher, curriculum and career.
- Make every school a school of choice for comparable talents.
- Make every employer successfully compete through the most effective aligning of talents to its work environment to differentiate its products/service.
- Make every employee use his/her talent to be prosperous.
- Make all investors in education-parents, government, business and individuals realize optimal returns by properly aligning their talents with training decisions.
Purposeful Alignment is a combination of globally tried and proven psychometric measurements, Jamaican behavioral norming, talent assessment technologies and H.R. performance measurement technologies to be supported by a large database derived from organizational realities.
This solution was launched at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel on the 19th July 2012. The key note speaker was Mr. Wayne Chen, the president of the Jamaica Employers Federation. Presentations were made by Dr. Ainsley Deer, one of the nation’s leading Organizational Psychologists and Dr. Fitz Russell, Psychometrician, Human Performance Technologist and Educator.
More than $85 Billion is spent on education for over 700k annually but over 50% will be poor investment because more than 450k talented students will not realize their potential because they are placed in class rooms, with teachers, in schools, in career programmes where developing their talent is not comparable with the learning environment, the curriculum, the teachers’ teaching style or the vocation they are being prepared for. Over 650,000 or almost 60% of the 1.1 million strong workforces are not reaping high rewards for their talent because they are not properly aligned with the comparable industry, right job, comparable type of employer and comparable working environment, or comparable career choices that are purposefully aligned with their talents. More than 20,000 large and small employers are not realizing optimal productivity, profit or competitiveness because the human element is not comparable with the work environment, technology, the types of product/services and skill requirements.
Solutions for University Students
- This involves assessing students using a career path finder assessment.
- Identifying student’s unique set of talents and abilities that make him/her uniquely qualified to do specific sets of tasks.
- These talents are wholly different from the acquired knowledge or skill sets.
- It provides the student with specific personality and interest traits
- A career path map will be provided based on the results from the assessment and a coaching session with required intervention strategies will be outlined.
- This solution has the potential to offer a measure of college readiness that will help students make much smoother transitions from high school to college and progress smoothly through each level of the tertiary program.
- Assessments of student’s ability to adapt to change, their stress management level and level of discipline among others will be identified.
- Based on the results of the assessment, required intervention strategies will be outlined.
World of Work Readiness
- This will incorporate assessing students on critical thinking, problem solving, reasoning and interests. Then based on results, required intervention strategies will be outlined and implemented.
- This will facilitate students to transition to the world of work.
- The key is to develop intellectual curiosity and lasting desire for learning
Talent Interest and Job Alignments
This aligns all employers with a group of talent to give them enhanced:
- Job satisfaction
- Staff promotability
- H.R. investment targeting
- Quality of Recruitment
Talent Interest Alignment
This aligns all workers, job seekers and entrepreneurs to the most suitable:
- Business Opportunities
Aspiring Entrepreneur Solution
Talent Interest Alignment
This will create business success through:
- Sustained competitiveness
- Risk minimization
- Business survival
- Income optimization
- Uniqueness in the market
- Self –confidence
Solution for Individuals
Give individuals a sense of purpose for personal advancement through:
- Identification of talent
- Determining sense of purpose
- Career advancement
Enables connectivity and relationships through:
- Access to influence
- Interest alliances
Enables recovery from shocks through:
- Interest Alignment